We have the jobs ~ come to Te Puke now!
Kiwifruit Harvest Season is only days away from starting ~ we need more people to arrive now to sign up for picking teams.
Who needs a job? Have you recently finished other job, and looking for your next job? Perhaps you have just arrived in New Zealand recently, and looking for your first job, still need help to apply for the IRD number or open a bank account we can help with that as well.
Jobs are here now – we need more people – employers signing up immediately – don’t miss out;
Can you also drive a tractor? Some employers may be looking for tractor drivers as well…
- Most jobs are in the Kiwifruit Harvest season beginning from 15 – 30 th March – you must be here and apply as soon as possible, then be available to start at a moments notice – may choose to stay in our hostel or another accommodation.
How can I get a job for sure ~ guaranteed ~ What I need to do?
- First download the Job Finders Agreement $50 Fee 2016 and complete (advise day/date you are available to arrive and stay)
- Bring it with you (apply in person) or return (post or email) to ‘Te Puke Backpackers’ together with copy of your passport & work permit
- Pay the $50 per person service fee either in person or online.
- Arrive to Te Puke with awesome attitude and energy for work
- Secure your accommodation for the season if not already booked accommodation
Remember to complete the Job Finders Agreement $50 Fee 2016 and return to us or bring it with you as soon as possible. See us in person Te Puke Backpackers address is 2 No 1 Road, Te Puke or you can make online payment.
Congratulations ~ you will be working soon as ~ this will guarantee your job in a kiwifruit picking team. We just will not know the employer or actual start date until after you arrive and may take 1 – 7 days for teams to be arranged. You can book Te Puke Backpackers accommodation if you prefer share dorm rooms (best recommended to secure booking prior to arrival – To help you save time and money we have a few starter packages available.
- The Best Starter Package is $210 gets you all the help you need including the getting ready for work package, the personalized Job Finding Service (guarantee job for the season), the First weeks accommodation in your preferred dorm plus 400 MB Wi-Fi with the option of extending your weekly stay in our hostel for $160 per week for the season.
- The Basic starter package special deal online is $180 (you can add on the personalized Job Finding Service when you are here)
- 2 – 7 Nights accommodation alone is $30 per night share dorm room per person
You can either pay online via our website www.tepukebackpackers.com/ Or you can make payment via internet banking our banking details are here
We would love to help you but please remember you need to be 18 – 35 years old, already in New Zealand and have a working holiday visa, available to work full-time hours 8 – 10 hour days can be expected, 5 – 7 days per week. Some jobs have height recommendations so let us know if you are;
- less than 160 cm
- 165 – 185 cm
- over 190 cm
- prefer outdoor environments
- have a car ( & spare seats)
- have tractor or forklift driving experience
- you are boy/girl? Travelling alone or with friends?
- It is an advantage to have a car but can share gas money with others.
How much can I earn?
- Pay: Can expect about $16.47 per hour including holiday pay for most jobs and working 8 – 10 hours per day, 5 to 7 days per week. Not working rain days or public holidays. Most jobs are starting 15 – 30 th March for about 10 – 12 weeks till Mid June.
- Contract rates (not hourly pay) apply for some jobs you could be earning more money than the hourly rate ~ very good money can be made ~ around $150 – $200+ per day
- Performance Bonuses: Some employers also are paying generous attendance /completion Bonuses as well, for people who stay till the last fruit is picked at the end of the season.